I welcome you to " Indira Gandhi National Open University" , the world's largest university disseminating open and distance learning.This Central University established by an act of Parliament in 1985 is committed itself to serve the needs of variety of learners.
Bachelor's Preparatory Programme (BPP) is offered by the University to those students who wish to do Bachelor's Degree of IGNOU but do not have the essential qualifications of having passed 10+2. In the absence of such qualifying certificate these students are deprived of Higher education. To enable such students to enter higher education stream, IGNOU has designed this preparatory Programme. BPP is, however, not equivalent to 10+2.
The Bachelor's Preparatory Programme has following three courses. Student has to select any two of these courses.
- Preparatory Course in General Mathematics OMT -101
- Preparatory Course in Social Science OSS -101
- Preparatory Course in Commerce PCO - 01
After Successful completion of BPP Programme Student can Enroll for B.A , BTS, B.Com. and BSW Programme of IGNOU only.
Induction Meeting of the BPP Programme for the January 2012 session will be held on Sunday 29th January 2012 at 11:00 AM in study Centre 0742 D. Please note that Induction meeting is an important event and please do not miss it.
Please Note : It is compulsory to summit the Assignments and Examination form before 31st March 2012 to appear in the Term End Examination June 2012.
- Students can also submit online examination forms as per guidelines through IGNOU website at www.ignou.ac.in.
- Examination fee @ Rs. 60/- per course is required to be paid either through online payment gateway, cash deposit on designated banks and also through Demand Drafts.